Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Southern New Hampshire University’s
Tax Assistance Program


Free Tax Assistance for the SNHU Community and Others




Helpful Links

Contact Us

Main Menu

Contact Information

Jeremy Glines


For New Hampshire VITA Site Information

dial 211




(603) 930-8587



What To Bring

The Day of the Service:

  • If Married, both spouses need to be present.
  • Original (no copies) of social security cards for taxpayer, spouse if married, and any dependents being claimed.
  • If you do not have a Social Security Card, you can apply or obtain more information at the following location:

Social Security Administration
2 Wall St # 301
Manchester, NH 03101
(603) 641-2180

  • Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse (must be a Driver's License, State issued ID Card,or other official document).
  • All W-2's for all placed worked in 2018.
  • Voided check or savings account number on a bank document for direct deposit.

·         If you received a Premium Tax Credit in 2018 through the Affordable Care Act marketplace (Obamacare), form 1095-A.


If Applicable

  • Copies of any 1099's issued.
  • Bank account interest year-end statements.
  • Student loan interest statement.
  • Proof of child care expenses paid (statement from provider with EIN # or social security number)
  • Statement of post-secondary education tuition expenses paid.
  • Social Security year-end statements.
  • Any other documents related to taxes.

If Itemizing:

  • Copies of 2018 mortgage interest statements
  • Real estate taxes statement.
  • Proof of charitable donations.
  • Statement of work-related expenses.
  • Auto registration.
  • Receipt of tax prep fees paid last year.
  • Statement of safe deposit box fees.
  • Statement of mortgage points paid.

Tax Returns That Won't be Prepared:
The types of returns listed below will not be prepared through this program:

  • Business returns, unless a sole proprietor with 1099 income.
  • Returns involving stock transactions or trading.
  • Returns with excessive or diversified investments.
  • Returns for people with complicated pension issues.
  • Returns with ITIN's or returns for illegal aliens.
  • Returns for people who have income property.
  • Returns for people who have been paid "under the table".
  • Returns with dependents who may have already been claimed on someone else's return.
  • Returns for people who do not have all of their W-2's or all of their required documents.
  • Returns for refund shoppers (just checking refund amounts to compare with another tax prep service).
  • Prior year returns.

Copyright acadwebsnhu.snhu.edu/vita All Rights Reserved.